The Rotary Youth Leadership Award (RYLA) is a week-long residential personal development program for young people aged 18 to 25, which focuses on yourself, leadership and community. In Rotary District 9800, RYLA aims to:
- Give young people the chance to come together in a supportive environment to gain a better understanding of their own strengths and the unique qualities and abilities of others
- Provide an opportunity for young people to develop a network of resources to facilitate their roles and development
- Facilitate learning about teamwork, communication, motivation and to develop the leadership skills of young people through experiential workshops
- Create a greater awareness of social issues affecting young people and
- Demonstrate Rotary's commitment to young people.