Rotary Chadstone/East Malvern (RCEM) is a group of ordinary local people that have come together with the desire to contribute to the world in which they live. Our members are professional and business people from a broad range of backgrounds who use their varied skills to lead community and international projects.
We have a 46 year history of providing service to the local communities of Malvern East, Chadstone and surrounding suburbs. Located in the inner leafy green suburbs of Melbourne Australia, our home is well known for our beautiful parks and the Chadstone Shopping Centre. We love our community and we hope you do to.
Our members have achieved great success in our community including:
- Continuing to forge a supportive relationship with the Currajong School, a non-denominational co-educational school for children Prep to Year 8 with social, emotional and behavioural disorders. We annually provide bursaries to students and hold working bees to improve the school grounds;
- The erection of the George Pepperell Gazebo situated in the Gardiner’s Creek Valley which was built and financed by Club members;
- Enabling students to follow their dreams by sponsoring them to attend the National Youth Science Forum (NYSF);
- Giving children with intellectual and physical disabilities, aged 6 to16 years an opportunity to build confidence through the movement of dance. Busy Feet.is a successful Club initiative that is currently being rolled out to other Rotary Clubs; and
- Holding community events such as the Carnival at Central Park Malvern with Pets in the Park and the recent introduction of The Market held at Phoenix Community Centre.
To volunteer, we would love to hear from you. Complete this online form, and we will be in contact: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSez-pLrFeNqzf06bCXjlWgZhPAlxWSZNDrEejWbHwlyZcXyxA/viewform