Once again Rotary Chadstone/East Malvern was approached by Ashwood High School to participate in their Year 10 Mock Interview Programme. This is an initiative where students are required to apply for one of four positions and they are interviewed for that job. The students must provide a resume and a letter of application.
We have participated in the program now for many years. It is so great which is why we continue to provide the support to the school.
Youth and Vocational Committee Team Members:
- Kathryn O - Chair
- Rosemary J
- Dawn P
- Trevor S
- Kathy N
- Sandi F
- Mark P
Projects planned for 2022-23
- SANTOS SCIENCE EXPERIENCE
- Transition from School to Career
- Mock Interviews
- Burt & Audrey Healy Awards
- Business Leaders Breakfast
Dawn and Kahtryn attended MUNA 2022 held at the Mercure in Melbourne. There were 20 schools represented with each school put into four zones.
The schools were given 29 resolutions that might be debated on, such as Security in the Middle East, Health and Education, Human Rights, Environment, Trade and Commerce and United Nations. They had to show hands as to which resolutions they wanted and the highest numbers were debated.Read more...
The Rotary Youth Leadership Award (RYLA) is a week-long residential personal development program for young people aged 18 to 25, which focuses on yourself, leadership and community. In Rotary District 9800, RYLA aims to:
- Give young people the chance to come together in a supportive environment to gain a better understanding of their own strengths and the unique qualities and abilities of others
- Provide an opportunity for young people to develop a network of resources to facilitate their roles and development
- Facilitate learning about teamwork, communication, motivation and to develop the leadership skills of young people through experiential workshops
- Create a greater awareness of social issues affecting young people and
- Demonstrate Rotary's commitment to young people.