| Author's Name: Paul Rake|
Date: Mon 14 Mar 2022
5000 People Raise a Glass to Rotary International
The power of Rotary Clubs working together is amazing. Our current project has a consortium of six Rotary Clubs with support of Rotary International and their Districts now in the middle of drilling 50 deep water bores in Cambodian to provide safe drinking water through Global Grant 2232355. The Clubs and Districts are:
- Rotary Club of Chadstone East Malvern, Melbourne District 9800
- Rotary Club of Balwyn, Melbourne District 9800
- Rotary Club of Upper Northern Beaches, Sydney, District 9685 – lead sponsoring club
- Rotary Club of Paddington, Brisbane, District 9620
- Rotary Club of Edmonds Daybreakers USA, District 5030
- Rotary Club of Sange Battambang Cambodia, District 3350 - Host country Club
And District 9800 program “World of Difference” has made a substantial contributions to the project. We also received enormous financial support from a private benefactor.
A quick visit to the projects facebook page will show you progress. https://www.facebook.com/groups/616794785530198/ and the water boring is underway.
Bore number 11 has been drilled in the village of Tapour and here is a photo of some of the villagers.
We have identified that having a trustworthy partner in the host country is essential for success. For this project we have the Rith and the team at the Rotary Club of Sange Battambang Cambodia, District 3350 and we are working with the Build Your Future Today team including Oddom Chhem and Sedtha Long. Earlier in the project timeline the BFT team led the community consultation