CITY OF STONNINGTON COMMUNITY GRANT PROGRAM
We have received news that the City of Stonnington is once again helping local community groups make a difference with support through its Community Grants Program.
Rotary Chadstone/East Malvern receive two grants:
- in kind support with the use of the Phoenix Park Community Centre to conduct our BusyFeet program on forty occasions during 2023/24 plus a cash grant of $1,000; and
- in kind support with the use of the Phoenix Park Community Centre to conduct our Market on four occasions during 2023/24.
BusyFeet is a weekly movement to music program for primary school aged children with different attributes. Rotarians and friends partner each participant to jointly move to the sounds of music with our special instructors. The annual BusyFeet Concert will be held on Sunday 26 November 2023 so add that to your calendar.
The funds we raise from our Markets change lives!!
Some quick examples can be seen elsewhere on our webpage but include:
- Fresh drinking waters for students in school in Vanuatu
- Local youth becoming stronger leaders through Rotary programs such as Model United Nations Assembly
- Middle aged women, victims of family violence becoming self suffice by learning to drive buses, rent their own accommodation and provide a safe space for themselves and their children.
Without the support of the City of Stonnington we could not conduct the programs nor raise the funds we need to change lives in these dramatic ways.